Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Saban Note



RICHMOND-- It's not often that the University of Alabama makes the news here in Richmond. But tonight, UA was part of the 6pm sportscast as WWBT-TV NBC 12 reported on the apparent offer made to Nick Saban, current head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

That was old news to me as I've been glued to my parents' computer all afternoon listening to the Paul Finebaum Radio Network as bits and pieces leaked about the coaching search.

I'll admit it, I'm more of a sports fan now that I've been at Alabama-- and even in this land of the Redskins, Alabama football -- or the future of the program-- was high on my interest list.

From the reports in the Sun-Sentinel to a story on the (Louisville) Courier-Journal about Bobby Petrino, I've been monitoring this story very closely at a distance.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: