Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's Official-- Master Journalism Educator


PHOENIX-- Less than 10 minutes to post a quick update from "The Valley of the Sun" where my designation as a Master Journalism Educator became official yesterday at the Journalism Education Association Spring Convention.

It's a shame that I was only able to spend about 36 hours here-- time to make two visits to the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State, where I conducted a two-hour workshop yesterday morning.

Then, the highlight of the day came when the hardwood (so to speak) was bestowed --- tangible evidence that I have joined the ranks of the fewer than 100 journalism educators who have been nationally certified at the HIGHEST level.

The certification came down the first week of January. But, not until yesterday were all the 2009 certified educators recognized.

It feels great. And, I suppose, the expectations from students, colleagues will be higher.

More later on this trip latest trip to the Southwest U.S.

Time to board my plane and head back to Bama.

No comments: