Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Report to Students

Today I had the opportunity to report on what I learned at the convergence conference to students. Because all the presentations are up on our conference blog, I could just re-play key components of the conference for discussion.

It was a great chance to gauge their reaction to some of the ideas that went forth both at the convergence conference and the SPJ National Convention. I didn't get a chance to share everything. However, we spent an hour of class debriefing on the presentation by Washington Post.com Editor Jim Brady.

Brady also is featured in the 2005 edition of The Journalist magazine, which is published annually by the Society of Professional Journalists. I photocopied Brady's article there and plan to make the magazine a required text in my class in the Spring Semester.

No comments: