Friday, November 04, 2005

Visiting Downtown Greeley



What a GREAT time I had this morning with Mr. Randy Bangert, the Managing Editor of the Greeley Tribune.



I also got a chance to spend an hour walking the streets of Downtown Greeley. I stopped by the Weld County/Greeley Chamber of Commerce and picked up some very good background info. .. even had an informal interview with someone about the recent tax vote in Colorado. More on that later as well.

I spent about an hour with Mr. Bangert talking about some of the things happening at his newspaper in a town that is growing and changing by leaps and bounds.

My thanks to his editor, Chris Colber, who's on a Nieman fellowship this year, who paved the way for my visit today.

Randy not only talked about some of history of this town, which is part of Weld County, named recently as one of the fastest growing counties in that nation.

No comments: