Monday, November 13, 2006

Huntsville from a Different Vantagepoint


HUNTSVILLE-- Usually when I come to Huntsville, it's not to stay very long. This weekend, I made two separate trips to Alabama's Rocket City.

Thursday night Huntsville was my stopover on the route from Piedmont, Alabama to Nashville for the JEA/NSPA Convention.

But, Saturday on the trip back to Anniston, I got the chance to stay in the city's newest hotel-- the Embassy Suites in downtown. It just so happens the place just opened about two weeks ago.



Except for a few glitches with my room key and parking, the place was simply MARV-elous.

Best of all, there was the view of the Tennesssee Valley and the downtown Huntsville skyline that sits down in a bowl...a beautiful bowl.

Sunday morning when the sun finally came out, it was a site to behold. The photo from my hotel window came out ok.

No comments: