Monday, November 13, 2006

The Podcast Team in Nashville


NASHVILLE-- Before moving on from the wonderful weekend in the Music City, I had to reflect on what I thought was a wonderful workshop on podcasting.

"Pegging the Podcast Potential" was presented at the Fall 2006 Journalism Education Association/National Scholastic Press Association Convention.

It would NOT have been possible without the hard work and preparation of my expert colleague, Aaron Manfull, a teacher in St. Charles, Missouri.

Aaron and I met last January at the Poynter Institute where the Scholastic Journalism Division of AEJMC (Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication) Midwinter Meeting.

In Aaron, I finally found someone who is MORE detail-oriented than I. Down to the order and content of our presentation, Aaron made sure that we had it all planned out.

In reflecting on this experience, I have to say that it was he who made this a success.

In the photo, you'll notice his most able student, Jennifer (whose last name escapes me), who also videotaped the presentation.

It was my first JEA/NSPA convention and my first time working with Aaron. He's a devout Iowa Hawkeyes fan and now a particularly proud Cardinals fan.

What a great weekend!

No comments: