Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bush visits my home state



It was kind of neat to know that the President of the United States was in my home state today-- not that the White House is that far from Virginia.

I'm looking forward to returning to Richmond for spring break in a little over a month from now. Trouble is, I'll miss all the political fun that those who like to watch the political scene get to engage in when in the former capital of the Confederacy.

During our winter break, we got to read about, be close to the political changeover in Congress.

I miss a lot that working here in the deep South. Alabama has it's own quirks and qualities, but there's no place like the Old Dominion. I miss it and can't wait to get back next month.

Oh yeh, this posting was supposed to be about President Bush visiting Williamsburg. I just read the Associated Press story on the Virginian Pilot's Web site.

Guess I'll have to tune in to C-SPAN to see what else happened in Williamsburg today.

No comments: