Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Mountaintop Experience in North Carolina




ASHEVILLE, North -- Tonight I'm back in Asheville after three or four years. I'm been here before as I take the "scenic route" back to Alabama. But, in the process of today's visit, I witnessed some parts of North Carolina I've never seen before.

The communities in the Western part of the state-- are quite exciting to visit.

Still need to produce all the photos-- but today I got the chance to drive up to meet a friend in Boone, NC. In the process, I visited Winston Salem where Winston Salem State University is located. I walked the streets of Boone, NC and the campus of Appalachian State.


Then, after all of that, I drive around some winding roads as I made my first voyage along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Linville, NC. All of sudden I look out the window and realized I was no surrounded by trees-- but look out to seeing the clouds and looking DOWN and seeing trees.. I realized I was in the upper elevations of Mountains.

I've been into the mountains of Arizona-- to tour the Grand Canyon, the mountains of Utah (near Brigham Young University) to the Sundance Resort and the Rocky Mountain State Park in Estes Park, Colorado.

But, I had never seen the mountains with the hiking trails in Western North Carolina.

No comments: