Sunday, March 01, 2009

6:30 a.m. Time for a 2008 vs. 2009 snow comparison

In academic research, we say it's important to always have a comparative element in our studies. Well, here's my attempt at an actual comparative element in reporting on my second newsworthy snow event since moving to Tuscaloosa, Alabama in January 2003.

The 2009 Picture

The shrubery on my front lawn has a tad bit more snow on it this year.

This is the picture taken minutes ago from my sidewalk just out the front door. The branches have a little bit more of the white stuff. Of course, the time of day might be a factor-- and the time when the snow started.

But, at the moment the snow is tapering off here in South Tuscaloosa. So I'm not sure time will be much of a factor.

The 2008 Picture

Here is the shot was taken 14 months ago from virtually the same vantagepoint mid-morning.

Last year, there was a lot more media build-up to what turned out to be snow, but a bit laughable when you come from mid-Atlantic and have lived in Cincinnati. Those are places where we see REAL snow.

My memories of this snow is mostly how it lasted for just a few hours and then melted.





No comments: